Hello, I’m Kylene! Welcome to my online home! Here’s a little bit about me: I was born in Hong Kong, but spent my childhood and teenage years growing up in Singapore. From 2010 to 2017, I found myself making a life abroad in Hong Kong for six and a half years before saying goodbye. It was an incredible experience, but in the summer of 2017, I moved back to Singapore to write my next chapter. :)
During my time in Hong Kong, I was pursuing my studies at my dream university HKU (Bachelor of Arts – major in Comparative Literature, minor in Sociology and a Master of Social Sciences in Media and Cultural Studies). In Singapore, I work full time in the arts and heritage sector!
Other than blogging and exploring my city, I love reading books and blogs, going to the movies, visiting museums and bookstores, hanging out in cafes and wandering around parks and gardens. :)
Home to me is both Hong Kong and Singapore, which are two great cities that are as different as can be and I feel extremely lucky to be a part of both. Most days, I’m unable to identify myself as a truly local Singaporean or Hong Konger, so I claim no expertise on either. I do, however, have a lot of love for both and I love sharing my adventures on this blog. I hope you’ll enjoy exploring with me!
City Girl, City Stories
City Girl, City Stories is a Singapore based lifestyle blog, meant to share happy adventures worth sharing about, including everything from exciting exhibitions, good food and interesting places to check out. From time to time, this space also acts as a diary for me to document my journey and special memories.
CGCS is about exploring the cities I live in (or travel to when I get the chance), appreciating it with eyes wide open and always being curious enough to discover something new.
To get in touch, please write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FunEmpire > 12 Best Lifestyle Blogs in Singapore [2023, 2022]
- Best in Singapore > Top 38 Best Lifestyle Blogs in Singapore: Most Trusted in 2021
- Best in Singapore > The 36 Best Lifestyle Blogs in Singapore 2020
- The Straits Times > Times Bookstores to close Marina Square branch
- American Express Essentials > Shop Secret: Independent Boutiques Worth Celebrating
- Foodpanda Hong Kong magazine > Top Lifestyle Blogger 2016
- TasteAtlas > Recommendations: Egg Waffle at Mammy Pancake